Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Computer is  horrible  (Read 4383 times)

Philly

My Computer is  horrible
« on: September 25, 2004, 09:22:02 PM »
My computer has deep deep issues, it all started when my internet was froze to one page. I call the computer company and they basically told me to run a system recovery. I did and that did not fix the problem.  It deleted everything that it intended to do, but now everytime i try to do anything i get error messages like not accessible to desktop and stuff like that.  I tried to buy and antivirus program thinking that would do the trick but the computer says (yes it talks) that i need 11megabytes to load the software. I try to do that and that doesn't happen. I cant even reload my isp through the cd rom this whole thing is frustrating i am hoping somewhere someone could help me. Let me know please thank you very much

Raptor

Re: My Computer is  horrible
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 03:24:11 AM »
Seems to me like you're better off formatting your HDD. Take proper precautions before connection to the internet and install an Adware scanner, Virus scanner and a Firewall.

How Stuff Works - How Computer Viruses Work

How Stuff Works - How Firewalls Work

How Stuff Works - How Internet Cookies Work