Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: another sound card problem never got this message  (Read 2779 times)

HelpMePlease

another sound card problem never got this message
« on: September 26, 2004, 04:53:21 AM »
this device cannot find any free input/output range(1/10) resource to use (code12).

I just installed this sound card in a friends computer and  i get that message in the device manger underneath sound options this has an exclamation point next to it SB PCI LEGACY DEVICE

the os is windows 98

I know thirs a conflict, but i can't figure out what is conflicting we reinstalled drivers etc. if you can help me with this i would be so greatfull thanks

tallyman

Re: another sound card problem never got this mess
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 09:08:45 AM »
I haven't used 98 for a while, but if you go into device manager and view hardware 'by connection', you should see the shared I/Os listed. Click on the soundcard & see if you have a choice of other IRQs.  If not you need to see if the soundcard has any jumpers for selecting the IRQ manually.  If still no joy you need to access the BIOS and look for the section on 'legacy devices' where you will need to mess around with trying different settings for the card (it's what we used to have to do in the days before 'plug'n'pray').

merlin_2

Re: another sound card problem never got this mess
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 02:47:17 PM »
remove sound card from the device manager and reboot then install the drivers for it..