Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims Superstar help please  (Read 5104 times)

Treasa

Sims Superstar help please
« on: November 28, 2006, 06:35:05 AM »
I don't know if I am just being extremely dense or what.

But......
I created a house on an empty lot and saved it as House 2. Now I cannot find the saved file to reload it. When the game starts up, it takes me immediately to the neighbourhood screen. When I click on the lot I made the house for, it is not there. I cannot find an option to load a saved game. I tried searching Sims in my C drive but cannot find it.

Please help

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Sims Superstar help please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:47:08 AM »
Have you been able to save houses before?
Try making another house and saving it - can you load that house when you restart The Sims?

Treasa

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:08:44 AM »
I just got the game.

I played a house with a family I built, in a house that was already built. It lets me click on that no problem to reload it.

But for the life of me, I cannot find this house I built on the empty lot. I know it saved, or at least it told me it saved it.

:-?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 11:11:53 AM »
Are you sure you're looking in the right place?
I played The Sims a few times a while ago and I found it very confusing and hard to find houses when you have multiple neighbourhoods, but perhaps that's just me
If you're sure you're looking in the right place and you did save it, then I really don't know
Sorry
Hopefully someone else can help you out

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 11:18:26 AM »
    You might get a better response in a Sims dedicated forum.

Treasa

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 11:38:03 AM »
    Thanks for answering me guys.

:)

I did make sure I was on the right page and the same lot. I'm wondering if it is because I didn't move a family in? Also whoever heard of a game with no load option on the first page that pops up? Another weird thing is, the first couple of times I played it, I did get a regular page with different options pop up, which of course I didn't completely check out, because at that point I didn't have anything saved. But now it is loading me directly into the neighbourhood view.

I did try looking for Sim forums, but the ones I found had very few members because there are so many different forums, or no activity because everyone is playing Sims 2 now.

:(

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 02:02:06 PM »
    What folder are you looking in for the family? Are you in the right neighborhood? There's not supposed to be a load button on the neighborhood screen. You click on a house and it loads.

Flame

Treasa

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »
    It was page 2. I made sure it was on page 2, but when I go to the lot I built the new house on, it is still empty. I don't have the option of looking in any folders on the game. It just takes me to the neighbourhood screen. I did try looking in my C drive under Sims, but couldn't find a link to it. I tried looking in programs under Maxi, but it doesn't give me an option to find a folder. When I get home I will try looking in the C drive under the name of the save House 2.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 02:55:08 PM »
    Ok, if you're in neighborhood 2, then look in the C drive, and open that maxis folder, and open the Sims folder, and then double-click on UserData2. Double-click on the houses folder and see if it's there.

Flame

Treasa

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 12:15:46 PM »
    Thanks for trying to help me.

:)

I just took my family I had created, moved them into a house that was already there, and then tore it down and rebuilt it.

It turned out really nice.

;D

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 12:18:11 PM »
    Glad you finally got it sorted, even though I didn't really help.
    Thanks for posting back.