Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Card Problems on Emachine  (Read 4859 times)

Trey Martin

Sound Card Problems on Emachine
« on: April 02, 2004, 12:19:26 PM »
I have an emachine T2082 with (I think) an AC '97 Audio.  I can hear music played on the computer fine.  But I can not get any sound from a line in or microphone using any front or back jack.  I've checked the sound properties and everything is 'on'.  Any suggestions?  Should I just get a standalone sound card?

merlin

Re: Sound Card Problems on Emachine
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 12:43:15 PM »
to test sound type dxdiag in the run box the jack you should use is a green one at the back and just check that the sound is not muted ..on the bottom taskbar should be the speaker icon right click on it and it will show sound volume etc .if not use the recovery disc which will contain audio drivers try re-installing them..and a final check is to go my computer right click properties click it device manager hardware and scroll down to mutimedia icon click the plus sign and see if there are any conflicts  with you audio?hth..

Trey

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 08:18:35 AM »
I'll try the dxdiag, but I've checked and triple checked all the sound properties.  Nothing is muted or off, all volumes are up.  In the hardware properties, there are no conflicts and all devices are working properly.  Should I just upgrade to an actual sound card vs. the onboard?

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 11:26:02 AM »
just check the bios del key on boot up and check that the on board sound is enabled properly also you could try removing the on board sound card from the device manager and re-boot and re-install drivers also maybe your headphones may be at fault