Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor light flashing  (Read 4669 times)

fly

monitor light flashing
« on: September 30, 2004, 05:17:22 PM »
I have just gone to start my computer up, All the lights come on on my tower, but i see nothing on my monitor, the monitor seems to switch itself of and just the on off light flashes on the monitor
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 05:18:50 PM by fly »

Raptor

Re: monitor light flashing
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 07:36:22 AM »
Check if all cables are connected properly and if the video card is well seated.

fly

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 09:25:09 AM »
yes all cables are connected and i have even tried another video card but still the same thing happens.

fly

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 10:32:36 AM »
i have also tried another psu and another monitor but still the monitor wont ingage it just flashes, What i have noticed is that i have lights to diagnose problems, and these lights keep stopping at Memory Detection Test, It then says in the manual that it means testing onboard memmory size. The Led will hang if the memmory module is dammaged or not installed properly. Can memmory if dammaged stop my monitor comming on?. i cant even go into my bios can memorry stop me doing that?.. what does mean and what problem is it pointing to. Please help ive  been trying to work this out for like 7 hours now.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 10:44:04 AM by fly »

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »
I would test the RAM sticks on the different RAM slots to see if it is the slot or the RAM stick.

Computer Memory Information

fly

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 02:05:04 PM »
Ok Guys sorted placed memory on diffrent ram slot and hey bingo, computer starts up straight away. lol i never thought memory could cause such a big problem. Anyways thanks for the help. ;D