Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Doesn't Finish Booting  (Read 1660 times)

moomoofarm

Computer Doesn't Finish Booting
« on: December 30, 2006, 11:30:03 PM »
Ok, so I got home today after a week long "vacation" and turned on my computer to finish a paper. It has Windows XP and an NVidia 6200 graphics card, 2 GB RAM, 2 WD RAPTOR 36 GB hard drives in SATA RAID config, and I'm not sure what the processor is, but I think its an AMD Athlon FX-53. I have no idea what the Mobo is other than that its an Asus. Anyways, my computer started booting up, and was working fine until after it got past the first Windows loading screen (That screen with the Windows symbol, with the words "Windows XP" under it, and a little progress bar). After it got past that, my screen went black and then my monitor came up with the message "No Signal". It then proceeded to make enough noise so that i could tell that the hard drives were working, but the screen still had the "No Signal" message. I have rebooted the computer several times, which yielded the same results, and checked all the connections to no avail. I think its a problem with the graphics card.
Please help!

heek9pm

Re: Computer Doesn't Finish Booting
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 02:51:07 AM »
Is this a desktop that has a built- in graphics  as well as a graphics card? Did your BIOS battery go dead? Those two things might do like what your said. But did you try to boot in "safe mode". You hit the F8 key before Windows starts.
 :-/