Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mic Issues  (Read 3548 times)

Jeremy Heyer

Mic Issues
« on: October 03, 2004, 03:48:08 PM »
CH.com guru's... I am at your mercy!!  :-/

Ive been having some serious issues with my mic as of late, and no clue as to why. The problem is that my mic is "always on", meaning it always is picking up sound.. and it doesn't pick up sound well at all. (Ie, I have to eat my mic in order for people to hear me).

I have checked the connection and its fine. I ran the audio wizard and it shows everything as fine as well, the mic picks up sound... just barely though. I have all the boxe's unchecked in the volume control box and the mic is turned up full tilt...

Any thoughts? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
J

merlin_2

Re: Mic Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 04:04:15 PM »
you have failed to tell us the operating system...not to worry...have you tried the voice test for your mike..go to the control panel this for win9x users click the sounds and media icon...click the tab for voice...

Jeremy Heyer

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 09:38:43 PM »

Voice test for my mic? Yeah, as I said I have ran all the wizards and it shows everything as "ok." The Mic picks up sound, just barely though and ALL the time.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 11:16:51 PM »
Did you insert the Microphone into the correct plug?

Does your soundcard show any errors in the Device Manager tab?

Right click My Computer - Manage - Device Manager

Jeremy Heyer

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 09:09:30 PM »
Yep, Mic's in the right spot.

I checked the divice manager as you asked, but there are 8 diffrent things listed under there. They are as follows:
  • Audio Codecs
  • Creative Game Port
  • Creative SB Live! series
  • Legacy Audio Drivers
  • Media Control Devices
  • Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
  • Video Codecs

If I right Click and go to properties, they all say the "device is working properly."

Are there any advanced things I could do?

2k dummy

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 10:40:32 PM »
In audio controls there should be an "advanced" button on the mic setting. Click on it and check the box for "mic boost". If your mic doesn't have a switch to turn it off and on you need another mic. They do pick up sound as long as they are left on.

fly

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 09:23:54 AM »
I had this same problem, i used the audio wizard in MSN messanger to try to fix it, but like you i had to eat my mic before anyone heard me. My solution i bought a new mic and it has worked fine ever since, so i think it could me the mic itself.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 09:24:33 AM by fly »