Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Possible to 'split up' a PDF file page by page?  (Read 3853 times)

keyven

Possible to 'split up' a PDF file page by page?
« on: January 11, 2007, 09:41:20 PM »
Is it? Like take out a specific page.

Currently I have a 20 Mb PDF file that I would like to split into 4 smaller components so I can email them out separately

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Possible to 'split up' a PDF file page by page
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:31:03 AM »
    Three possibilities:

1. Using WinRAR or a similar tool you can split the file into multiple archives. The only problem is you need all of the archives to put them back together.

2. Using the select tool, copy and paste appropriate amounts from the PDF into Word or something, then save as doc files.

3. Above, but use a free DOC-PDF converter to convert back to PDF if it must be in that format.

stones

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:42:09 PM »
    This may do the trick
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4653

novaPDF is a pdf creator for Windows that allows you to easily create professional quality documents in industry-standard PDF file format.

Using novaPDF, everyone from novice users to professionals, can instantly create high-quality PDF files, by simply selecting the "Print" command from virtually any application.

With one click you can save your Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents or perhaps your emails and favorite websites, into easy to share PDF files.

This pdf creator gives you the ability to fully make use of all its advanced features: pdf resolution, pdf information, compression, security, profiles and more. It is compatible with any PDF viewer/editor not to mention the widely known Adobe Acrobat Reader.

This version is free, however it leaves a "created with" notice at the bottom of the pdf file. You may buy the product for $19.95 and that notice would be removed.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:13:06 AM »
    Many default Linux installations include PDF tools that can do all sorts of things, including splitting a PDF up into separate files for each page.  If you're Windows-bound, PDFTools is free and sounds like it can do the job.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos