Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Clock losing time  (Read 6394 times)

SJRick

Clock losing time
« on: September 16, 2004, 10:28:21 AM »
Has anyone ever had the problem of your system losing time ? I record shows daily on Musicmatch Jukebox and sometimes i lose them due to the fact that my system clock losing time by say,,, three hours,, this happens on occasion and it has always been a problem for me,, anyone have any ideas on how to correct this ?

Raptor

Re: Clock losing time
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 10:32:06 AM »
Scan for viruses, trojans and spyware. Your CMOS battery may require replacement.

If this only affects the Windows clock; double click on the clock, press the 'time' tab and see if it is properly configured when it is attempting to synchronize.

Computer CMOS information

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 11:46:20 AM »
Get a freeware time adjuster which reads from one of the many internet sites devoted to suppliying nuclear time.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 12:09:58 PM »
I think what you meant to say was 'atomic' not 'nuclear'. Ofcourse,  Canadians have always been a bit strange.. Are all your clocks irradiated?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 12:16:35 PM by Raptor »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 01:22:29 PM »
    Joleen.....LOL , it seems the gauntlet has been dropped again........."Only in Canada you say".......eh

cheers     from western Canada
    dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Joleen

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 02:02:05 PM »
    As Raptor well knows, I've had 2 late nights in a row taking classes as well as managing a home and full time career so I had a mental melt-down.  Now, don't make me post those 'pictures' Raptor.  If it weren't quitting time and if I weren't too tired I'd have to punch you in the colon! >:(

SJRick

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 05:55:02 PM »
     LOL i came here for help and got a comedy show,, i gotta bookmark this site,,LOL  you guys are funny

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 06:59:23 AM »
    As Raptor well knows, I've had 2 late nights in a row taking classes as well as managing a home and full time career so I had a mental melt-down

And you still had time free to shoot some kinky photo material?

Now, don't make me post those 'pictures' Raptor.

You know, there are actually websites who pay you to post 'm.

:-X

As for SJRick, did you solve your problem? I don't think looking at Joleen's nudies will solve anything.

SJRick

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 09:54:20 AM »
    Well for now it seems to work ok,, but time will tell ,, it always seems to happen when i dont want it to,, so I will let you guys know,,

by the way,, since i have you all riveted to this post,, let me ask another hardware question,,

I just bought a KVM switch and was wondering if anyone knows of anything that i can use to share a set of speakers as well,, i dont think using a simple splitter from Radio Shack will do the trick due to the interference,, was just curious if anyone has any ideas.

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 12:15:04 PM »
    You may wish to replace the CMOS battery before it decides to fail. How old is your mainboard?

SJRick

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 06:13:39 PM »
    The board isnt two yrs old,, it should last much longer then that.,, considering the size of it,,  but like I said,, i will wait and see what happens,, time will tell,  pun intended

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2004, 04:05:10 AM »
    My mainboard is less than a year old and allready I have a dodgy CMOS battery.

yeemish

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 09:10:10 PM »
    The most common cause of a PC clock losing time is due to the battery needing to be replaced.

Mac

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 02:48:15 AM »
    Batteries have a shelf-life. So if they use a four year old battery in the manufacture you can expect to get one years use from it.

A new one is not expensive.