Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xampp - Port 80 problem  (Read 10017 times)

KateYoung

Xampp - Port 80 problem
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:18:36 AM »
Hi
I run Xampp and sometime over night my ISP has decided in their wisdom to block port 80.  When I try to get to my webserver from the internet I'm getting timeout errors have doubled checked everything at my end and its all working fine.  Also checked my domain forwarding - Fine so the only option now is that the ISP has blocked port 80.

In Xampp is there anyway of changing the port number from 80 to say 82 ?

(No worries the ISP is about to lose £28 a month now !)

Regards
Kate

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Xampp - Port 80 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:18:26 AM »
Are you sure that your ISP has done this?  Changing to a different port is not a good solution, since incoming requests are most likely to be on port 80 anyway.  Generally people won't understand about typing in the extra ":82" into a web address.

To diagnose your connection problem, go to a command prompt and type "telnet x.x.x.x 80", replacing x.x.x.x with your external IP address.  Post the results here.

£28 a month is way too much for basic domain hosting.  That's what we would charge for two years!!!  Or does that cover your broadband as well?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 07:19:05 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

freeforall

• *Bugmenot user*

• Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »
    £28 a month is way too much for basic domain hosting.  That's what we would charge for two years!!!  Or does that cover your broadband as well?
    An Internet Service Provider usually.. provides internet.. soo somehow I think it might be the broadband internet connection. Clearly is, as he is talking about problems with his internet blocking port 80.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:47:13 AM »
    Check the date of this topic. Couple years old.....

Locked.