Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to Download  (Read 3998 times)

2007Melisa

Unable to Download
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:02:48 PM »
My computer is a Dell with Intel Pentium II processor 299 MHz, 288 MB of RAM running Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2. I am trying to download programs to check for Virus, SpyWare and also other files from the internet. Each time I try to do this I get a screen that pops up and tells me the amount of time left and the size of the file but there is never any information in here and the little bar never fills up and then finally I get a message that says the site I am trying to download from is not available. I use to be able to do these things but recently I restored my system because I was having some other trouble and now everything is messed up. I also am not able to keep any "cookies" I have to retype everything each time I go to a site.  Any ideas?

GX1_Man

Re: Unable to Download
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 04:00:19 AM »
That's pretty much the minimum requirement for XP.

A full reinstall would fix it, but if that is not an option you may already be infected. If you go to www.trendmicro.com and try the free online scan you will get an idea about this.

Then set all IE settings to default and try again.