Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "No video capture hardware"  (Read 4903 times)

threecargarage

"No video capture hardware"
« on: October 05, 2004, 08:12:58 PM »
My computer recently went through a crash where all my files were deleted and Windows XP has been reinstalled. Today, I reinstalled my webcam. It's a GE Easycam Pro. I have never before had a problem using my webcam.

After installation, I clicked on WDM Capture, and an error message popped up saying, "Sorry, you have no video capture hardware." Why is this suddenly happening and how do I get the necessary hardware again?  ???

shield

Re: "No video capture hardware"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 10:03:25 PM »
what type of connection is your camera? USB maybe? When you re-installed windows, did you install the propar drivers for the USB from your motherboard diskett?

threecargarage

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 10:12:51 PM »
yes, it's a USB webcam. As for what I installed, I just let the Windows XP CD do it's work, so... I don't know if it ignored the driver in question.  :-/

shield

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 11:11:39 PM »
well windows XP is your operating system, Try browing your mobo disc for a USB folder or a drivers folder, if you pop-in the CD it should have an auto-run, and you need to install the mobo drivers onto your new OS, that's probably your problem.