Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: blue screen errors  (Read 3142 times)

keith

blue screen errors
« on: October 07, 2004, 10:31:08 AM »
My brand new pc keeps shutting off and showing a blue error screen.  Sometimes it says driver_irql_not_less_or_eqaul and sometimes it says the same without the driver at the start.  I tried 3 different video cards, updated all the drivers the problem still occurs.

Also I don't have service pack 2 yet, because everytime i try to install it, the computer eventually shuts off with the blue message and i cant finish installation.

I dunno if safe mode would help, cause it says in the blue error to restart in safe mode using F8 to install hardware or uninstall it.  But my computer wont let me access safe mode.  When I press F8 nothing happens, and sometimes when i get the menu to select regular start up or safe mode, it wont let me go up and down to select it.

Any help?

Raptor

Re: blue screen errors
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 10:50:45 AM »
If it is brand new, I suggest you return it to the point of sale and have them look at it.

Article of interest:

RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

KeithWonderfell

Re: blue screen errors
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 10:58:06 AM »
I already returned the system once and had to wait a month to get it back.   I really can't lose it for that long again because of school.  

The article helps, because it may be that I don't have service pack 2 installed.  Everytime I try to install it though, it gets somewhat through but then it does the blue screen error thing.  Anything I can do?