Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Locked out  (Read 3765 times)

kidwags

Locked out
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »
 :-?Hope someone can help. I am running Windows XPHome 2600. Sometime ago I downloaded VIA TOOLS although never used it.Latey, It has been popping up on start up so I decided to remove it. Could not fine uninstall so I went on the web for info. Located a site to uninstall. It said to uninstall VIA PLATFORM MANAGER so I did. Now I get a BLUE SCREEN that says (A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Check for viruses on your computer, check your hard drive for proper config. Run CHKDSK /F FOR CORRUPTION and then restart computer). So, now I am unabe to get back in to start up. I am trying to get back to system restore to undo what I did.
Does anyone know how I can get back in so I can undo this problem?
THANK YOU, kidwags

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Locked out
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:13:49 PM »
Have you tried anything in Safe Mode?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Locked out
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 05:42:20 PM »
You have succesfully un-installed drivers that are critical to that machine running properly...
Shut down, re-boot and have your MBoard driver disk handy...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "