Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet disconnection annoyance  (Read 2988 times)

Michael Pearce

internet disconnection annoyance
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:54:07 PM »
I have a D-Link DSL-500 ADSL router with two computers using it through a network hub.

Sometimes, when I challenge someone to a game in msn messenger or accept a challenge, my internet connection is lost and I have to restart the modem to fix it. The strange thing is that this only occurs some of the time and only with some people. Is the problem related to port forwarding?

Please help. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Mike

merlin_2

Re: internet disconnection annoyance
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 02:31:54 PM »
have you checked all your connections settings and  firewall  including the router if applicable etc and the  internet service provider...does this happen on msn messager only...have you updated it?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 02:33:44 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 11:14:49 PM »
Can you not challenge someone outside of MSN to see if it works properly?

Everyone knows that because of all the endless teenagers that roam the Internet using MSN it's dodgy.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 12:46:20 PM »
I have a D-Link DSL-500 ADSL router with two computers using it through a network hub.

Sometimes, when I challenge someone to a game in msn messenger or accept a challenge, my internet connection is lost and I have to restart the modem to fix it. The strange thing is that this only occurs some of the time and only with some people. Is the problem related to port forwarding?

Please help. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Post here:  http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/dlink