Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Crashes Constantly????  (Read 1995 times)

DMX1998

Internet Crashes Constantly????
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »
My internet crashes constantly, usually when I'm running torrents. Sometimes an error will appear in event viewer saying DHCP loss the lease to your Ip address and wasn't able to renew it. Lately though nothing comes up in event viewer and my connection goes down so  I am constantly disabling and enabling my connection to get it going again. Do you guys have any idea why it's doing this? Do I need new network card? Any help would be appreciated? I have hijackthis and have run it but i have no clue if any of the listed is harmful or not?

DrCrabby

Re: Internet Crashes Constantly????
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:48:32 PM »
What isp are you using?  I know there are some out there that frown on torrent downloads and have actually taken steps to screw them up. Does it only happen when you are doing those downloads?  If so, that could be a clue.

DMX1998

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 07:53:06 PM »
I'm using Sasktel and I don't think they do that because this used to happen to me about 7 months ago then I don't know what I did but it went away for a month or 2 and now it started doing it again about a week ago.

DrCrabby

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:07:20 PM »
Here's a site that might be able to help you out:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/canbroadband

They cover dsl and broadband connections.  I've used the US page for information about my isp.