Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor probem...  (Read 3051 times)

specialkel

Monitor probem...
« on: October 12, 2004, 01:08:22 PM »
I was running Windows XP on a 20 GB hard drive, and bought a new 120 GB hard drive.  I installed XP on the 20 GB drive, and then at home, I switched the drives to put the 120GB as the master with Windows XP, and then hooked up the 20GB as the slave.

At home, everything was running fine on a monitor at home.  I brought my tower back to school and hooked it up to my monitor here, and it boots up as far as the black "Windows XP" screen, and then the monitor completely goes blank.  I know it is getting past the blue "Welcome" screen and WindowsXP is starting up because I can hear the opening sound through my speakers -- but my screen is completely blank.  The light on the monitor is green, but I cannot use any of the moving/resizing options (that light doesn't light up).

I disconnected the 120GB hard drive and hooked up the 20GB as the master, and Windows loads fine and I can see it on the monitor (what I am on right now).

Anyone have ANY idea why my monitor is just basically shutting down (going completely black) right before I get to the welcome screen?  I can see it booting up, so I know it is connected properly, and there are no errors while I boot.

Help?!

???

merlin_2

Re: Monitor probem...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 01:25:37 PM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 01:28:43 PM by merlin_2 »

specialkel

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 01:40:20 PM »
It does, because when I used it at home, windows XP loads fine on the 120 GB hard drive.

I also get the XP screen right before the Welcome screen, and can hear the windows loading (it also plays the soundfile when I shut off my computer manually) but I cannot see a thing, it's a blank screen...

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 01:42:59 PM »