Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get Windows to load on a new home-built comp  (Read 2014 times)

nederland

Can't get Windows to load on a new home-built comp
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:39:16 PM »
I built a new computer with a Mach Speed motherboard (the P4MSD-800D2) and an Intel Pentium D chip. I can NOT load Windows XP or Windows Media Edition on this computer. I switched the CD-ROM drive and the Hard Drive for ones that I know work and I still can't load Windows.

When I start the computer it boots from the Windows XP CD and starts to load Windows, it install gets all the way to asking if I want to "Install XP press enter - Recovery press R or Exit." When I press either Enter or R the system just freezes up completely.

I have tried 2 different retail Windows XP Pro, 1 retail Windows XP Home and an OEM Windows Media Edition. What on earth could be the problem with this thing.

I posted this here and in the software section just in case it's one or the other. Hope that's OK.

Thanks in advance,
Frank

pcj240ross

Re: Can't get Windows to load on a new home-built
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:24:19 PM »
your memory may be bad, id test it

Joe_Flanagan

Re: Can't get Windows to load on a new home-built
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:36:19 PM »
Have you verified all your hard drive and optical drive jumper settings and cable connections ?

Have you verified / adjusted all your BIOS settings ?

Is this hard drive recognized in BIOS ?

Is this hard drive clean (formatted), and a primary partition (for the OS) set ?

Is this drive SATA or PATA . If SATA are you F6-ing at the prompt and supplying SATA drivers ?