Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: little bit of confusion on jsp page cache  (Read 3066 times)

dmjpro

little bit of confusion on jsp page cache
« on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:37 PM »
how the cache done for a jsp page or other dynamic page .....

i mean when i change the jsp page and then request for the jsp page with same query string then the updated version is shown on browser if the the browser window is a simple window.......

if i have that window as modal dialog box then the everytime the updated version is not shown .... how this happens .....

i am confused about it ..... plz help me

thanxxxxxx

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: little bit of confusion on jsp page cache
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:22:13 AM »
It depends on the type of modal box you're generating.  The contents of the modal box may already have been determined by the time the parent window is loaded - so if you don't refresh the parent window, the contents of the modal box won't change.  This is not true for all modal boxes, but is true for many.  The answer to this is to use AJAX to generate the modal box's contents on the fly.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

dmjpro

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 09:58:12 AM »
r u sure that after refreshing the parent window the updated dialog box comes on....

one strange thing happens to me that in a browsing session the modal dialog box content comes through local cache .....

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 10:37:19 AM »
r u sure that after refreshing the parent window the updated dialog box comes on....
Without seeing the page in question, or the underlying code, I can't be sure of anything.  I might be struggling anyway, since I'm a PHP man and have no exposure to JSP.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:37:53 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

dmjpro

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 03:22:58 AM »
ok sorryy.... i will test it again throughly then i will tell what happens to me

again i m sooorrryyyy.....thanx