Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Paint , What went wrong?  (Read 2552 times)

Jp

Paint , What went wrong?
« on: April 01, 2007, 03:22:09 PM »

My system is a little sluggish, and I know its time to do some malware and virus scanning, and or plian old, same old., . .But, I would like to solve a dilema that is starting to get my attention.

I have noticed, that when I have a box or program on the desk top and
I minimize it, . . that besides sometimes being a little slow to react it
leaves behing a blank image, a space void of any image that was behind it weather a program or icons on the desk top.

I know that this must be sign of something ?

On top of that I have taken a screen shot of a systems notification
that was rahter long, (horizantally), compared to others but thin,
it tuned out that when I pasted ion paint, . .a very small part of it pasted, what went wrong?

Jp

:'( This is going to be my new Avatar, but I want it to be much bigger !

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Paint , What went wrong?
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »
    This is probably caused by junk in the background slowing down your computer. This may or may not be caused by malware. Your post doesn't make it clear whether you have ran scans yet or not. What protection are you using? What other programs do you have running? Remember to look in the bottom right task bar and see what's there. And press control + alt + delete and list for us the processes that use the most memory or CPU when this happens.

Jp

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 04:54:13 PM »
    Niel,

I have checked the BR Taskbar and found a printer scan on, . .I also have a update waiting to be loaded, it is the SP2 D/L, but I am still undecided to D/L it, I have other issues and may install from disc. Should this be considered a generic and can be replaced any time ?

It bothers me that it says Windows, and you accept license etc. but does not give you the confidence to believ it.

Yeah, my Prevx 1 just expired and I have not used anything to scan for awhile, other than AOL's Spy Zapper, and there Computer check hoo-jiggy,

but thanks much for the wake up .

Jp

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »

:'( This is going to be my new Avatar, but I want it to be much bigger !

Keep in mind avatars are limited to 65x65 pixels.  And generally, the file size need not be more than 5KB to 6KB at most; in fact, the file size can usually be a good bit smaller.

Jp

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 05:27:30 PM »
    soybean,

Just joking but now that you mention it  :o

I should know this, but, BTW, what did happen to the other Avatars ? I'll check the profile page.

Jp

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »
    What other avatars?