Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SONY VAIO Keeps Shutting Down..  (Read 3942 times)

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    SONY VAIO Keeps Shutting Down..
    « on: July 17, 2007, 10:01:23 PM »
    I had my sony VAIO Laptop for about 1 to 2 years and it has been acting wierd.
    It happend today.
    Before that, when i start up windows and surf the net, or general applications the computer gets so got, that i cant even keep it on my lap i have to buy a docking fan station, to help to cool down. IT gets so hot that when i put a ice in a plastic bad and put it on the back of the computer it melts it. I dont know but from the day i got it, it has been like this. overheating. I contacted sony support and they told me that it is normal but it is not normal i brought it back to the store and trade it in and got the same one it is the same thing. ok now the problem now..

I push the pwer button, and the fans are spinning so fast that i think the motor will fly off. and then after i get into the winodws logon and open my computer in about 2 or 4 minutes it shuts down. No error nothing.
    When i put the fan docking station it is ok bu after 30 minutes or so when it get so hot it shuts down i think that this might be a overheating problem, but i cleaned the fans and everything. Please this is my only hope. thanks. 

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
    • Google
      Re: SONY VAIO Keeps Shutting Down..
      « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:12:06 PM »
      Definitely sounds like an overhearing issue, though I don't know much about laptops, especially Sonys. But I've read a lot of threads recently regarding them and they seem to be a bit troublesome? ???
      System specs:
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
      ASUS Striker Extreme
      XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
      2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
      Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
      Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
      -

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
        « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:00:09 AM »
        does it have xp?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »
        Check the local shops for a price on a cleanup...unfortunately laptops aren't really built for user maintenence.
        The problem with trying it yourself is this usually makes it worse.
        Clearing the air vents is best done from the inside out...not the other way around as the gunk has nowhere to go but further inside the machine.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "