Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: where do I put my config.sys  (Read 5472 times)

Amit Bueno

where do I put my config.sys
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:20:37 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to start a new session of ms dos under windows xp,. and I do not know where to put the config.sys file in order for the windows to read it...

Please help ASAP

thanks in advance

Joleen

Re: where do I put my config.sys
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 05:45:34 AM »
Good grief.  How is this related to Web Design?  Post your question in Dos or Windows.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 11:46:01 PM »
Wow - what a project.    XP does not have Dos, just an emulator.   What version of Dos are you trying to run and what makes you think Windows XP will read a config.sys file?   What changes are you trying to make to the configuration which was set up at boot time?

Please get back & let us know

Thanks
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Freak

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 07:38:34 AM »
Good grief.  How is this related to Web Design?  Post your question in Dos or Windows.

If you have nothing better to say, then don't say anything at all ;)

Amit Bueno, try this:

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:26:49 AM »
You might have noticed that the post was back in Oct so thanks for your help but write it down and send it to 2004 where the poster needed it.

My comment was entirely justified.  By posting in the proper forum Amit is in a much better position to receive quality help since those that come to Web Design are more likely to know about.. wait for it.. Web Design *shock*.  If Amit followed my advice then he probably got help when he needed it.

Thanks for coming out.