Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Some Vista Annoyances  (Read 4033 times)

chuckbales

Some Vista Annoyances
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
I recently imaged Vista onto my laptop through my school, and while almost all as gone well, there are some annoyances I haven't figured out how to deal with.  The first is that in my room I have an LCD monitor that I use as a dual monitor setup. When I close the lid on my laptop however, the LCD becomes the default monitor, complete with Start bar and such, while the laptop screen becomes secondary, and the only way to get it back is to restart with the LCD monitor unplugged.

The second annoyance is when trying to open multiple files of a certain type, specifically mp3's.  I use foobar2000 for playing music, but if I select more than 15 mp3s in Windows Explorer and open them, they open in Windows Media Player. 15 songs or less and they open in foobar, and I can't figure out why.

Any help on either fronts?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Some Vista Annoyances
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »
Correct Vista video drivers ? ?

As to the second issue this sounds like a limitation of foobar itself, not Vista.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

chuckbales

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 03:29:20 PM »
I'll have to look into the driver idea, but after some more googling and experimenting, I found that trying to open more than 15 of any kind of file doesn't work. I get a different menu if I right click, say, 16 PDF files than when I have 14 selected files.  With less than 15, I have the option to Open them, while with more than 15 there is no Open option of any kind.  Maybe its just something built into Vista that doesn't like large numbers of files.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 04:44:29 PM »
    Hmm. I'd have a look in your folder options, if that exists anymore in Vista! Try tools > folder options. That's where it is in Vista at least.