Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer to Monitor interface prob  (Read 1776 times)

keyotee

Computer to Monitor interface prob
« on: April 17, 2007, 09:57:25 AM »
I need a different video card to replace NVIDEA TnT2Pro0002.
I am having a problem replacing the monitor (Gateway FPD 1500) (the screen is fading to black) used with my Gateway Performance 500 (S/N 0017133776) and using Windows 98. I need to continue using Windows 98 because I do not wish to upgrade expensive software applications that I use on that system. Two attempts at new monitors that were supposed to work failed. The screen is blank during boot, is unable to wake from a sleep, and hangs on shutdown. I have bought and returned two monitors and a video card from other sources. Old monitor works. The as delivered video card (TnT2Pro0002) has a 24+1 pin, with pins 4-5, 12-13, & 20-21 empty, connector and the interconnect converts to a 20 pin sub-D, . It looks like a compatible video card with VGA connector type, standard 15 pin subD, standard AGP card connection, and drivers that work with Windows 98 would be O.K with new monitors on the market.

Raptor

Re: Computer to Monitor interface prob
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:58:39 AM »
You ordered a new videocard and.. What is the problem? You didn't end your story with a question mark..