Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Difficult problem to explain  (Read 2560 times)

premierjet855

Difficult problem to explain
« on: April 19, 2007, 08:19:39 AM »
Hello all.  I ran into a slight glitch the other day and wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experiene and if there are any suggestions for a fix. 

My computer is a Dell XPS desktop system.  The other night I disconnected the monitor from the new computer and connected it to my old machine to download some files.  When I reconnected the monitor to the new computer everything seemed fine until the computer went into stand-by. 
When I bring the computer out of stand-by is when the problem occurs.  When it comes out of stand by whenever you click on the start menu it flashes once very fast and disappears, you cannot get it to stay open even using the windows key on the keyboard.  When you left click on an icon it will open the properties menu for the icon.  The problem resolves itself if you restart until the computer goes into stand-by again then the same thing happens.  Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Eric

premierjet855

Re: Difficult problem to explain
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
Sorry, I'm running Window's XP

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »
Don't use Stand-by, it wastes energy and is a completely irrelevant feature.

premierjet855

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »
So should I just be shutting down when not on the machine?  Any ideas as to what can be causing the other issue