Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista vs XP  (Read 4834 times)

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    Vista vs XP
    « on: April 19, 2007, 08:31:08 AM »
    This place has been invaluable to me in the past and I value your opinions.
    Around holiday time I bought a new HP laptop (Pavillion DV2000) loaded with XP.
    I also received a free certificate for a Vista ugrade , which should be arriving anyday, when it's released.

What are your feelings on Vista and should I upgrade or give it time for all the bugs to be found and corrected.

Thanks in advance,
    MP.
    Dream untill your dreams come true.

Raptor

Re: Vista vs XP
    « Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:40:50 AM »
    Vista is already released.

XP is supported till 2011, it works and it's compatible with a lot of things.

Vista is new, buggy but still growing. It will eventually replace XP when it comes to compatability and support.

The only reason I'm sticking with XP is because A) I do not feel like upgrading since I got very accustomed to working with XP B) I'd settle for nothing less but "Ultimate" Vista.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »
    I would wait at least til they release the first Service Pack....since it doesn't time out on you just hold on to it til then and at that point you could go for it.

At the point you are ready i would suggest adding another HDD and setting up a dual-boot system so that if early on Vista gets cranky on you  there is the option of booting to XP and having a running machine.

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »
    I would wait at least til they release the first Service Pack....since it doesn't time out on you just hold on to it til then and at that point you could go for it.

At the point you are ready i would suggest adding another HDD and setting up a dual-boot system so that if early on Vista gets cranky on you  there is the option of booting to XP and having a running machine.

Where Patio comes from, they make laptops with a lot of room.  ;D

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »

Two hard drives in a laptop??

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »
    AAaaaaaarrrrgggggghhh.

Too much speed reading, i apologise !
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man