Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: downloading from a webpage  (Read 6706 times)

alio

downloading from a webpage
« on: October 20, 2004, 01:46:44 AM »
 ???   i want to be able to download documents, either  music, video, or even games that i have on my computer, to my phone that has xhtml capabilities.  

I'm not sure what the is but i know that every web site is simplified and i can't just put a link to the object and click on that.

i tried that and it just says that the link doesn't exist.  

i can't right-click like a computer mouse i only can one links.

i tried to make background music but that doesn't play.

Please help

robertmillar

Re: downloading from a webpage
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 02:46:16 AM »
Perhaps the web site isn't xhtml compliant.

brad

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 12:29:34 AM »
no you don't understand i want someone to tell me the code for a way for my phone to be able to download      give me the script i should type that make a link to download the object       like when you go to a website and i says      "download"    and you clikc the word and the object downloads     i need to know the script for that type of link

brad

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 12:34:11 AM »
i know the page is xhtml comliant b/c i've been to it before on my phone

Corrosive

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 01:52:24 PM »
To make a download link is very easy. All you need is a regular link but instead of pointing it at a regular HTML (or PHP or ASP or whatever), you point it at the file to download, ie:

<a href="downloads/StupidLittleSong.midi">Download my Stupid Little Song![/url]

I can guarentee you this works on a PC. I doubt it will work on a phone, simply because I've never seen a phone which can actually download files. I guess that theoretically it would be possible, but I've never seen it done.

Good luck.

bradley

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 01:46:01 AM »
thanks for the help. and the phone i'm using is an n-gage, that's how i can download things.

Corrosive

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 01:00:38 PM »
Oh, silly me. Yeah, I forgot that nearly all modern Nokias have that function. I should know considering I actually had one...  ::)