Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista cannot see XP system on home network, please help.  (Read 2724 times)

Charnel42

Vista cannot see XP system on home network, please help.
« on: April 27, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »
Ok, I bit the bullet a couple of months ago and bought a system preconfigured with Windows Vista Home Premium. So far I have had little trouble with, what by all accounts, is a cranky OS. The only major hiccup I have found so far is that, while my old XP system can see my new Vista computer, the reverse is not true. I have followed all suggestions in Microsofts standard help section, but to no avail. Both have the same workgroup, and both have all firewalls and defender programs turned off while attempting to set this up. Please help. :)

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Vista cannot see XP system on home network, please help.
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »
    Is the user that is on the XP box on the Vista box as well?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Charnel42

Re: Vista cannot see XP system on home network, please help.
    « Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:20:26 PM »
    My computers are in the same room, but user, computer names, etc  are totally different. I've networked plenty of xp, 2000, 98, etc machines. It's just Vista that is giving me a hard time.