Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What kind of certificates do you have?  (Read 9764 times)

GX1_Man

Re: What kind of certificates do you have?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »
Graduate, School of Hard Knocks  ;)

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 10:15:26 PM »
    Yeah, GX1_Man, had some real head-bangers out there  :P

At the time, 2001, the course was $5K.  I had checked into other schools and they (they being Heald, ITT Tech, etc.) were anywhere from $10-to-$25K.  I couldn't afford them so I went to Techskills in Sacramento.  It was a home study course with access to teachers and a classroom with a lab.

Glad I did it and as you know we are are all in ..."continuing education".  ;D

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

catweazle

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 06:14:04 AM »

My better half keeps telling me I'm definitely certifiable, does that count? ;D

Dead_reckon

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 07:01:58 PM »
    None, yet, my "certified" former employer knew less than i did, and he has been in the business of computers for thirteen years.. Tis a sad world we live in.. My former boss even was stupid enough to believe that using a stock intel fan and heatsink would be adequate for a pentium four 3.4ghz prescott with NO CASE FANS. of course, they got well over 70c, i told him and told him that was not good, that they should not idle above about 45 - 50c or you risk burnout, he didnt listen.. 'Till one blew its guts out from overheating while installing XP pro.. Scared the crap out of him, he was sitting there waiting for it to finish configuring, then, the CPU fried. However, i have failed to convince him that the ATI HyperMemory video cards are anything more than junk. I eventually quit the job for several reasons, the first reason was his incompetence, and utter stupidity, the second was when the craptastic offbrand PSU's that came with the cases blew out he blamed me, and the third, was that he wanted me to sign off on a computer that i did not assemble, which, he had repeatedly told me NOT to do. If he cant follow his own stupid guidelines, i dont see him as a competent employer, or person for that matter.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 10:04:24 PM »
    Just A+ here.  :-[ However, I believe that certification for the most part is over rated. I've read many of the books for MCSE and CNA but never went in for testing. Unless you're actually planning on getting a job where it's required I think getting a certification is going to get lost for most people. Seems that if you don't use it you loose it. ;)
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein