Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battlefield 1942 Widescreen Problems  (Read 6808 times)

SovietGenius

Battlefield 1942 Widescreen Problems
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:44:01 AM »
I can't get BF42 working properly on widescreen. I went to the config files, changed all of them to 1440X900. The resolution is correct, however everything is still stretched. I read on some other websites that the map and HUD still look stretched but the stuff in the game doesn't. For me everything is still stretched.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Battlefield 1942 Widescreen Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »
Try these steps, need to edit more than one file and make sure you set the config files to read-only otherwise it may reset the files.

http://www.widescreengamer.com/b/battlefield_1942.html

If that doesn't work what video card are you using?

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

SovietGenius

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »
That's exactly what I did, everything is set to read-only and I edited all those files. The resolution is correct but everything is stretched and ugly. The video card is nVidia GeForce 6150 SE and the monitor is HP w1907

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
I did some additional research and unfortunately did not come up with anything. My only other thought would be to try a smaller widescreen resolution such as 1360 x 768.

If any other members have suggestions feel free to make them and/or anyone have this installed with this setup please try it see if you can get it to work.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

SovietGenius

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 07:10:02 PM »
I tried 1280X800, but everything still looks stretched. Also, how do you enable anti-aliasing in this game?