Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Quantum Hard Disk Drives  (Read 3840 times)

Raptor

Quantum Hard Disk Drives
« on: October 24, 2004, 07:55:53 AM »
Are Quantum Hard Disk Drives special types of HDD's or are they as common as Seagate's, Maxtors, etc?

merlin_2

Re: Quantum Hard Disk Drives
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 01:03:41 PM »
maxtor= quantum>http://www.computerhope.com/help/hquantum.htm  and i hate em<rant>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 01:04:37 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 02:19:11 PM »
Are they designed for home and office use? I noticed that there is also a huge Quantum bigfoot drive.. One of my Quantum HDD's say 'Non-standard HDD'

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 02:23:26 PM »
Fireball..more like failball ::) we have been down this road before..the road to *censored*( chris rhea)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 02:24:59 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 02:29:24 PM »
I tested a 2GB Fireball (It does become a wee-bit hot) and it passed a burn-in test succesful. I estimate that Hard Disk Drive is over 8 years old.

How long do Hard Disk Drives last before they start to fail?

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 03:02:49 PM »
Depends on usage..how they have treated...temp range...the list is endless...what is the problem you have ...and i hate the god title...have tried to email the mod to remove it...after all mates together....and i would like to go bacl zero ....replies....i just like helping people...i know is sounds crap....numbers mean nothing...its the replies that count.. ;D lol

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 03:24:59 PM »
Not a problem with the Fireball here - was just curious why another Quantum drive would say NON-standard Hard Disk Drive. Or why the Bigfoot's actually that .. Big.

Joleen

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 06:32:14 AM »
Dunno about the 'special' but I hate Quantum Fireballs too.  The only 2 drives I've had die were both Fireballs and they died the same way.. controller went south.