Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word Problem ?  (Read 28049 times)

Fed-up2

Re: MS Word Problem ?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2007, 08:07:24 PM »
Compaq Restore Supplemental Software CD
Compaq Restore Special Content

I used the first 2 but would like to review the Disc process, however I don't know of a way to do this without doing another Restore, and or use the 3rd disc, I have not run this to see waht is on it, because I am skeptical of what could take place,

"skeptical"? You can be skeptical of a proposition or an argument. Did you mean "wary"?

Why don't you just put the disk in the ******* drive and see what's on it? Cancel any autorun action and open the disk in Windows Explorer. If you see a "Microsoft Works" folder, you're home and dry.

I am afraid that many of your troubles seem to be caused by you having a mixture of ignorance and arrogance.

WOW! contrex. You are one rude Basterd.Jp came here for help not psychiatric
evaluation.

<Admin edit> Removing swearwords...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:52:08 AM by Computer Hope Admin »

GX1_Man

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2007, 08:12:50 PM »
Jp came here for help not psychiatric evaluation.

Frankly I am not sure about the first as he has resisted even putting SP2 on that machine for over 4 months and quibbles and doesn't take the advice on other issues.

On the second point that is up to him, but it may prove helpful.

By the way, did you know you are only allowed one "identity" on this forum?

Jp

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2007, 10:53:26 PM »
contrex,

How the h**l was I suppose to know that the d**n CD restore disc would fail me, and that the system restore would restore the system without
putting the d**n MS word or works or whatever ?

and then go into the web and search all over the place to find out that what goes on is that OEM doesn't put the same stuff in the CD's as installed on the computer.

I just use the d**n program to type and create documents and print them out, your the ______ @!, one that suppose to know this Sht.

:'(

and SP2 I can't install it until I resolve a RAM thing so that I can have FW and V-Protection.

Where the h**l did get the d**n Trojan for the second time anyway______@!!<%#@

How Many of these would you like to read from the last 4-5 days
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jp,

Thank you for writing back.

To isolate and resolve the issue, you can perform the full restore to
get back the computer to a factory settings  with preinstalled softwares
and drivers.

Yes you can perform the fullrestore using the restore disks.

However, if you have any further questions or clarifications, please do
not hesitate to reply to this mail. We would be delighted to assist you.

Sincerely,

David
HP Total Care

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on
the information provided to us.  HP does not assume any responsibility
or liability for the advice given and shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in
connection with the use of this information.  Always back up your data.
For more information, including technical information updates, please
visit our Web site at http://www.hp.com/support.

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

In a message dated 5/20/2007 8:37:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, 
[email protected] writes:

Hello  Jp,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I regret to inform  you that this could be due to corrupt operating
system files. To resolve  this I recommend you perform full system
recovery. To perform full system  recovery, please refer to previous
e-mail.

Hello Peter,

Are you saying that the first time I did a full Restore using, (2) disc,

Compaq Restore Plus CD and Compaq Operating System
and that since my Word Processor was not installed, that this means   
the
operating system files are corrupted and I should do another Full
Restore  ?

Jp

contrex

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2007, 12:18:39 AM »
What's in the SW folder?

Jp

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »
Contrexy,

I am tryin to tell you, . .thats business at prime time.

Heres an analog with a connect to the super.

Today. . . .

ck G: Can I send you the product specification on your e-mail.

JP: I am trying to explain to some computer techs on-line of what the problem was, I read about the temp. installation on Compaq WXP PC. but can not find it again.
rick G: If you had purchased and installed the Microsoft office application disc from Microsoft, then you can go ahead reinstall it using the same disc.
J P: I guess that is what I will have to do, that isn't the problem, explaining it to the computer tech's on a forum is the problem.
: However if you wish you can also purchase the Microsoft of

Seriously, I'm feeling a little slow tonight, I think I'm martinied-out, . .

Please tell me, what is the SW Folder ?

Jp

contrex

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2007, 12:31:56 AM »
Please tell me, what is the SW Folder ?
Jp

Boy you are hard work!!! See those little yellow folders? It's the middle one.

Are you doing this on purpose? I'm beginning to smell a rat.

See the picture YOU POSTED of YOUR CD files.

Also look here

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-120633.php

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 04:04:12 AM by contrex »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2007, 04:01:32 PM »
If he double clicks it we may get to see the contents...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2007, 04:36:17 PM »
He'll have to debate it with us first. Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a *censored*.  ::)

Jp

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2007, 10:44:47 PM »
You certainly are  a proficient one, ( I can tell by your graphic acuity ), as I woke the few thoughts I had on my mind, finally became clear and that d**n SW folder finally dawned on me.

Yeah, I new that !

At first, I thought that you were becoming threatening and you might have meant Smith and Wesson !

Your not going to ask me to run that disc again, . .if you want to take odds or even if you just think there really is something in it worthwhile, I'll do it.

But here's my end,

I've been searching around and the computer  M. factory's, promise is a crock,

unfortunately that's the way it goes !

I recall the Fax and Outlook incident after months that CH doesn't know about and months that they do, . . I had my fax re-install by the M., whom I had been e-mailing on a daily bases to verify where the program was, they were insisting was stock, . .and It was un-installed.

I became aquainted with there software do to the fact it was factory installed on the W (* Notebook I have, . .they made a fairly good deal at that time because it was in fact, restorable, I guess OEM and Comp.M are getting wise to what people will pay for what they become adicted to. Like word Processors.

Any way,  I had a slightly updated version on this machine, and it stopped working, they were absolutley positive that it was
a outlook association, probably one of there manf. lisence deals, I'm not sure.

But after months of dogged research, I asked them abot a D/L, of course they still insisted,(silently) that it would not work without a re-installation of the missing software, that actually was never on this machine.

Lies, . .Tell Me Lies, . . .Sweet Innocent Lies, . . .

They checked me out as an old customer (G They asked me for the serial number), . .  (fotunately I recall my old e-mail address, how could I forget it ), . .and or but,  gave me a free reinstall. and it works fine without the supposed outlook deal, of course I haven't tried the dial-out yet, but it's here and it's doin it's job!

I have been going rounds with another software deal, This one, . .
and Man There Busten My, . . .They Set You Up and Nock You Down ! !, . . .

Thats Business at Prime Time !

Oh Well thats what you smell buddy !

It ain't me babe !

Hows That Trexy?

:-*

Jp

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:00:36 PM by Jp »

contrex

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 12:22:20 AM »
I am bailing out at this point; there are sufficient clues in JP's last post, (style, language, attitude) which tell me very clearly that he is a "help forum troll". There were hints before. Maybe I'm the dumb one for failing to fully realise before. I guess in your twisted mind you score extra troll points for getting pictures posted, since it means you suckered people into extra efforts on your stupid behalf. Congratulations, Jp, for spinning it out this long. So long, in fact that I no longer give a *censored* what happens to your bloody computer.

Goodbye.

Jp

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2007, 12:48:17 AM »
Hey Carnegy !

Kool It !

Big Dreamer, . . . Your so d**n Smart A,  . . . . but I don't sympathiz with an A who thinks he's Dumb, DimbW, . . . of course you haven't heard yet about how completely niave you are, Big Right  !

But by by for the big try, . .  :-*

Jp

Seriously, . .you didn't even answer my question Nerd, whats in that file and or can't even volunteer a reason why you have asked ??

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:48:36 AM by Jp »

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2007, 01:58:38 AM »
Jp, Contrex, and any other users I may have not seen. Please avoid from the name calling and especially the swearing. This forum should be a place that's friendly to all users.

As I've said before, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.. PM warnings will be sent.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Jp

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2007, 02:20:17 AM »
O K, . . but did you tell contrex that, like days ago, or did he already know that, since he is a watayamacalit , . . and even if he isn't, . . I mean he said I was a forum troll, . . what the H, . . do CH Members know that you deleted , . . . some of my best stuff, . . .  ????, . . . like curse words and what I said to contrex ?

And actually he is probably makin a living off Computer Virus Cures like alot of Dr. Fix S.O.B's, EITHER THAT OR HE IS A CAPATALIST PIG WHO IS TRYING TO
MAKE COMMIE LOVE OVER THE INTERNET, . .FOR BROWNIE POINTS ! !

I have more to say if anyone wants to hear it, vis my personel message !

Jp

;)   8) You wouldn't defry me of the constitutionality of my own Rights !  Would You ?  ;)  8)

O.K. I'm a Radical, . BUt aleast I did Hate Ashbury ! !

That isn't what I was gonna say, . .but I didn't feel like getting SENSORED ! !

Which is more than I can say for AH !
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:51:40 AM by Jp »

Jp

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 02:54:27 AM »
  tHIS ISN'T fUNNY  !!

yOU mADE a mONSTER ! !

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2007, 03:05:16 AM »
The reason posts were censored was because they were inappropriate. This forum is meant for users of all ages and you've disobeyed rules mentioned in the first paragraph of the forum agreement (seen below). I warned not only you but also contrex about inappropriate behavior on the forums.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

You are again testing my limits in the two posts you made above, I've already warned you. I'm publicly giving you your last warning. Next offense and your permanently banned.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein