Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Beeping noise -- driving me crazy  (Read 3263 times)

nonstop error message

Beeping noise -- driving me crazy
« on: April 07, 2004, 12:15:48 AM »
OK, here is the problem. I'm running windows 2000 pro for about six months no problem. Then all of a sudden my computer starts making the "error" noise (you know that little "ding" noise)... every 6 seconds.

I've done and ad- and spy-ware seach with mulitple programs as well as countless virus searches with norton.

As far as i can norton, ad-adware and spybot can tell me I'm free from infection.

What can i do. I have the feeling that this can be one of a million problems. Is their somthing I can try before I giveup and reformat?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Tom Boykin

Re: Beeping noise -- driving me crazy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 09:56:15 AM »
Have you checked the systems event viewer to see if a message is being recorded by the system or application indicated there is a problem?  To get to the event viewer: right click on My Computer, select Manage, click the "+" next to the Event Viewer group, you will see several event logs.  Check the System and Application event logs for a message that keeps reoccuring indicating a problem.

Detox

Re: Beeping noise -- driving me crazy
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 02:14:06 PM »
Could it be one of the cooling fans malfunctioning and allowing something to overheat and sending the beeps... it has been a long time but something like that was happening to me once.  Try going into bios and checking fan speeds and or running temps.  Or just get some software to run in Windows. ;)