Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop help  (Read 3574 times)

mann75

laptop help
« on: October 26, 2004, 08:22:10 AM »
i am new to the seen of programming and i am hoping i dont have to pay a pro to do it for me, so i am here begging for all of your guys help my problem is my laptop it is a compaq evo n1000v. i erased the old hdd to install a different os. now i am trying to reinstall the new os but now its saying that its a error on drive (1790) is what shows up. when i go to the ms-dos and try to format the hdd and partition it, it goes to checking the integrity of drive and stops. then it says it cannot what am i doing wrong or do i need a new hdd, to make this compaq laptop work? i am trying to run win 2000 it starts to install its self but never completes the install due to the fact it cant format the partitions.

Raptor

Re: laptop help
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 08:33:07 AM »
Create a bootable diskette and use Fdisk to remove the partitions and then reformat.

mann75

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 10:02:15 AM »
can you beleive i tryed that also and at times it says that the disk has no space or it says the integrity of the drive is no good but if i scan disk the hdd its good.  and at times it wont even let me access the c drive.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 10:14:13 AM »
Run a diagnostics utility on your Hard Disk Drive to test it's integrity.

Download the diagnostic tool from the HDD's manufacturer website.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 10:15:21 AM »
Time to download the hard drive manufacturer's tools for testing.

BTW, there is a new ROMpaq for your notebook:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/evonotebook/us/download/18210.html

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 01:05:39 PM »
hp have two startup  diskette for setting up....have a look at their website...weird setup...