Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How did you learn about computers?  (Read 5901 times)

The Saviour

Re: How did you learn about computers?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair...I've been fascinated with computers ever since.

This forum is a great and I'm proud to be a part of it...

I agree with you about this forum!

You also reminded me about that Timex Sinclair. If i'm not mistaking it was also sold under another name but was the exact same "computer" ( wish i still had it ) It used a cassette player/recorder as a hard drive.
What in the world did you do with it as far as use and after you moved on to bigger and better things?

Not sure if the Timex Sinclair was sold under another name...probably "ZX80".

There weren't too many options available back then for that thing.  It was just a little larger thatn a calculator back in those days...and when I say "calculator" I mean a calculator from the "70's".  You're right...it did use a cassette player as a form of storing and transferring media.  A small printer was also an option for it.  I think that was about it.

I just bought it because it was the "thing" back in those days.  The first program I ever keyed into that thing was a prgram that displayed an Analog clock on your TV screen.  It took several pages of code to enter.  When it was all said and done...you could sit and watch the boring image on your TV for hours.  I was young and easily amused.

It was a good way to learn Basic...so I continued to screw around with it...just learning the language...

At that point in my life I was more interested in women than computers...funny how things change.

TehGerg

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 11:30:43 AM »
I started out in i think 2001 i had a p2 400 and i was in the marines.  We didn't have a computer repair place on base and i was in okinawa so i started to teach myself.  After i got out i started working at a computer repair place in town and now i am doing help desk at another local company.  Right now i have a couple of computer jobs that keep me busy but i am best with hardware

Chilly

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 12:07:08 PM »
    How I learned about computers is 1 computer engineering class, 2 Computer Programming classes. Now How I actually learn about computers... :P I went on www.wikipedia.com learn most of my stuff there, www.google.com for futher infomation, www.computerhope.com (I was googling and this site came up) for it's Dictionary, and other computer websites from google. When I was 11 my dad bought me my first computer, a Compaq computer which I played Roller-Coaster Tycoon all day... (Good times). So then I was interesting about the computer on how it worked... :D