Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless mouse and keyboard not responding  (Read 2420 times)

bignad98

wireless mouse and keyboard not responding
« on: June 12, 2007, 11:09:44 AM »
I bought a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver set with an optical mouse and keyboard.  Upon originally installing the set over a year ago, the connection often cut out: the mouse would stop responding, or the keyboard would hang up and repeat a letter over and over again.  Then it would hang up on backspace and wipe out everything I had written.  I just reinstalled Windows on a new hard drive recently and have been having no problems until recently.  The green "connected" light on the receiver goes out every time there's a hangup.  I've moved the receiver several feet away from the CPU and monitor with no effect.  I've tried moving the receiver to different USB ports; while it often this seems to work initially, the same problem returns eventually.  I've used the reconnect buttons on the keyboard and mouse, but that doesn't help.  I've replaced batteries, but that doesn't help.  Any ideas?  Anyone else having similar problems?  Is this just a curse of wireless equipment?

Running XP SP2
Have run both Intellipoint 2.0 and 5.2 with no difference.