Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Error...an interesting problem  (Read 3509 times)

ihuy01

Windows Error...an interesting problem
« on: June 17, 2007, 05:14:10 PM »
Hi, i got a problem that is very annoying. I decided i would reformat my computer reinstalling windows in the process. The first time i installed windows it would go successfully until i started installing additional programs. At some point where i install programs i would get this "Windows Explorer Error" with this "Dr Watson Postmortem" error box etc whenever the desktop loads. When i click "don't send" it usually refreshes the screen and i'm right to go (happens whenever i turn on the computer and log in). I reinstall windows several times hoping to find out what program was the source of the problem. I figured maybe it was because i was installing to many programs at the same time and to solve this error problem i basically installed all programs one at a time and restarting after each program is installed.

The problem seemed to be resolved but i manage to find the errors popping up again whenever i access a video folder on the desktop. I get the error whenever their are thumbnails of videos in a folder, so as soon as i double click i get an "windows error" when the thumbnails begin to load. When the "windows explorer" error box appears on the screen it still allows me to use the computer i went back one folder attempting to to change the properties (customize) of the folders (the type of folder) from videos to documents however as soon as i click properties and change the tabs to "customize" this "dr watson postmortem" error appears and freezes my computer, i then have to log off and log back on. The Dr Watson postmortem error + Windows Explorer errors appear whenever i attempt to change the properties of that video folder.

Hope you can help.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 05:37:04 PM by ihuy01 »

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows Error...an interesting problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 05:58:31 PM »
I would download and run.................

Avg Anti -Spyware and AVG Anti-Virus.

These are freeware programs. See below link.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1/lng/us/tpl/v5
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:35:37 AM »
What operating system are you using?
(Windows XP, I would presume)

Possible causes:
Conflict with software vs. OS
Windows Vista CODECS issue... (quite common)
Error with a file somewhere along the line, or even disk failure

ihuy01

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:02:15 AM »
yeh im using windows xp..... i did a scan and it found some errors but after eliminating those errors there were no other real problems.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 05:23:13 AM »
For a true reading DLoad and run the HDD manuf. diagnostics program from their website.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "