Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cd cursor  (Read 3235 times)

fanob5

cd cursor
« on: November 06, 2004, 08:48:04 PM »
I am running XP Pro with sp2. My regular select cursor keeps flashing a cd symbol every second. It doesnt do this for the working, waiting, text, etc cursors, only the main cursor. It's really annoying.  :P
Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 08:49:13 PM by fanob5 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: cd cursor
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 12:31:42 AM »
    fanob5......How many cusors do you have ......my pc has one ..........when did this begin ? Has anyone been playing around with your display settings ?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 12:33:02 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 02:38:15 AM »
    Scan for Viruses, Trojan Horses and Spyware.

When this happens, is there a CD/DVD present in the drives?

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 11:04:54 AM »
    Go to the control panel>/click the mouse Icon and then click pointer settings...and reset them to the ones you require...(I will have to stop reading the times posh ;D)

fanob5

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:40:41 PM »
    To Merlin2: I went to mouse pointers and went back to the default pointer. This stopped the flashing cd symbol. When I changed the pointer back to an animated one, I got the flashing back. I guess I'll just have to be content to use the basic non-animated pointer.

to dl65: There are many different cursors, used for different situations, like test select, link select, when the computer is busy or working in background, and these can be changed by going to control panel>mouse>pointers

To raptor: It doesn't seem to matter if there is a cd in any of the drives or not. I think I may have a faulty driver, but that is another matter.

Thank you all for your help.

fanob5

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 12:11:48 PM »
    if you want to change your icons etc>http://www.fontempire.com
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 12:12:37 PM by merlin_2 »