Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD drive icon  (Read 2771 times)

yaddayadda

CD drive icon
« on: April 08, 2004, 08:37:35 AM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the icon of the cd drive, and rename it, because on my computer the name and icon are currently wrong. At the moment the icon is of a smart media card which comes from my card reader, and the name is Smart Media (E:). In My Computer there appear to be 2 smart media removable drives, one of them being the cd drive and the actual smart media drive. It still works just as normal, but its still annoying. This happened when i installed a new cd drive in my computer, after installing an internal card reader in the spare floppy drive bay. The OS is XP. If the icon or the name can't be changed, is there a way of reseting it to the correct name and icon? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

merlin

Re: CD drive icon
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 03:49:42 PM »
With the icon you want to rename selected, press the F2 key. Type the new name, then press Enter

yaddayadda

Re: CD drive icon
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 07:01:36 AM »
Maybe i should have said that it doesn't let you rename it in the normal fashion, and it doesn't let you change the icon in normal fashion either. I did find a way that invovled going into the registry, but i tried it and found the instructions to be, at least in my case, wrong.