Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Iraq and our troops  (Read 18334 times)

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Google
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Iraq and are troops
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »
*censored* right buddy ;)
Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

Richenstony

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »
hehe........ ;D it will be fun allthough i have to warn you im a sharp fighter i will go kung-foo on your *censored* if you end up being 80 and diside to kidnap me lmao  ::) ;D but i will be 23 so im sure i can handle myself even more so watch out im  NORTH WEST LONDON BOY..... HAHA

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Google
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 11:46:42 AM »
hah! northwest london! i'm the opposite.  :o i'm south east ipswich, fooool! :P ipswich in australia that is, next to brisbane, and i'm one belt off black in tae kwon do...
i also suck at tae kwon do when i'm drunk  :-X
Computer Hope

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 02:54:48 PM »
    2 Years, 7/7!  God bless!! Peace

Speaking of Politics I know who im voting for when i can!! Shame i cant now :(

Chris

99 Problems and London's one of them

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Google
    « Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 02:58:20 PM »
    i'm voting for the next potplant that runs in an election... it won last time around for the aussie government...
    Computer Hope

Richenstony

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 02:59:24 PM »
    I dont vote simple as , allthough jury duty kicks *censored*

rasa

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 10:22:44 AM »
    my ex bf might be going to iraq :/ i found out yesterday and that made me super sad :(

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Google
    « Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
    my ex bf might be going to iraq :/ i found out yesterday and that made me super sad :(
    going there as in, uhh.. in the army?
    Computer Hope

rasa

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 06:33:31 PM »
    he is in air force

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Google
    « Reply #39 on: July 08, 2007, 06:43:50 PM »
     :o my best friend is in the RAAF and is goin to iraq
    Computer Hope

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007, 07:53:37 PM »
      Instead of reading all the distinguished opinions presented here, I will simply provide my own. Apologies; I don't have too much patience reading arguments (which I can say with 98% certainty do exist in this thread). Which reminds me: as a mod, I'm obligated to remind everyone to keep things civil. :)

I believe the reason we went to war in Iraq was because we had reason to believe that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, or was making them. I find it hard to believe he didn't; if he really had no WMD's, he acted pretty stupid when he pretty much said, "Nyah, nyah, you can't check my nation and I'm snubbing you all!". If he really had nothing, you'd think he'd allow the UN to confirm that. Then again, I'm not him (I'm probably smarter than him; he always reminded me of the Civilization II AI, which was piss-poor). Sadly, we'll never really know, will we?

According to some liberal debating opponents from a while back, a grand total of 0 terrorists met their death the night "Shock and Awe" went into action. I don't know if he's correct or not, but it begs the question: What did we bomb, if he's right? I'd say it was WMD caches. But then, I'm not 100% on that. I still say he had something he didn't want us to see; we may not have found it.

The US made a dumb mistake when they changed their reason for going in; I wish they'd stick to their guns. It'd remove a lot of debating firepower the liberals have right now. Frankly, Bush has egg on his face, not because we didn't find WMD's, but because Bush did a crappy job in Damage Control.

I'm not sure of the char limit here, so I'm going to start a new post to be safe.
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Dilbert

• Egghead

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007, 08:01:51 PM »
        As for the reason of removing Hussein from power, that was why we went in; it was part of the original reason. The US government simply adjusted focus by removing "...to eliminate the threat of WMD's" from the original reason. We did, if you recall, threaten to remove Hussein from power. That was the goal. However, by shifting emphasis on the reason from WMD to "protect/liberate the citizens", it made the impression that we were flaking on our goals. Stupidity from the Dept. of Defense, in my opinion.

As for the withdrawal from Iraq... I get frustrated every time I hear crap about a "timetable". I'd rather not leave Iraq in the lurch because of an arbitrary date. A much better solution is to make an event-table for withdrawal. For example, "When the number of attacks in [city] drops below X, we may withdraw Y troops (or redeploy them as needed)". This way, the job gets done, violence eventually goes down, and the liberals have nothing to complain about.

However, I don't think we should ever fully withdraw from Iraq. With Iran and that impotent Ahmadinejad (you can tell by looking at him, I swear) blackmailing the US from the east, and Hezbollah rising again in the West, well, frankly, we need a foothold in the Middle-East. A base similar to the one in Germany (we never pulled out of Germany...) would be ideal for helping to contain the threat.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
          • Yes
          • Technology News and Information
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #42 on: July 08, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »
        Very nice to see you back, Dilbert  :)

Dilbert

• Egghead

Re: Iraq and our troops
          « Reply #43 on: July 08, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
          Hey, Zylstra. :)

Topic edited: The grammatical error got under my skin. No idea why.

Richenstony

Re: Iraq and our troops
          « Reply #44 on: July 08, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
          Hey, Zylstra. :)

Topic edited: The grammatical error got under my skin. No idea why.
          personal spell checker , now that could come in handy for someone like me....