Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE has encountered a problem......  (Read 3136 times)

jimmie123

IE has encountered a problem......
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:16:26 AM »
Win 98SE o/s, all critical updates installed. Using NOD32 a/v, also Spybot,  Adaware, and Win Patrol for malware/spyware removal. Lately, I have been getting quite a number of the "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" messages. I opt not to send the report to MS, since they don't support it anymore. I'm wondering what would cause this. I have not installed any new software or hardware. If I look at the problem description, it generally involves the dreaded kernel 32, lol. Any suggestions?? BTW, I would prefer to continue using IE as opposed to going to another browser.

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Google
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: IE has encountered a problem......
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:18:14 AM »
well what's happening at the time it crashes like that? is there a specific action that seems to cause it?
Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

jimmie123

Re: IE has encountered a problem......
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »
I've noticed this happening at random times, but among them, is when I open an email with attachments. However, it may happen when changing websites (surfing) etc. It's the random-ness that is perplexing. Can't really pin it down to one specific activity that causes it. The next time it happens, I'll jot down the details and include them in a post here.