Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to choose a computer game thats right for you?  (Read 4630 times)

Richenstony

How to choose a computer game thats right for you?
« on: July 09, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Hello world im typeing this thread to help people choose a game that there willing to play and not get bored of in about 30 secs.......

Genre

Ok 1st things 1st think about what you would most like to do in real-life but you cant , making such a decision  will inable you to decide what sort of genre of game your looking for , whether it be shoot a cop  ::) or cut someone on half  :-X ..... 2nd make sure you have the right platform , chooseing a platform is vital for gaming most people see these new games in the shop and say oh this looks good and they realise the controls dont work for them and the views suck.......chooseing a platform is simple

Platform list:

Action
Activity
Board Game
Cheatware
Classic
Driving
Education
Fighting
Flight
Lifestyle
Music
Office
Party
Pinball
Platform
Point and Click
Puzzle
Quiz
Racing
Reference
Role Playing
Sport
Strategy
Utility[/center]

Platform and online play

Thats a list of most of the platforms i can think of to date...once you have choosen a platform , next you may want the feature to play the game online , have you ever noticed a sigh in a game saying . NOTE: GAME EXPREINCE MAY CHANGE ONLINE will to be frank it does , gameing online can sometimes offer more options in the game itself sometimes more unlocks......and and get a major buzz from teamwork on teamplay options within game settings playing online can really boast your gaming options and the game wont sit in the rack all dusty ;D

Age rating

Once you have choosen the listen above you next want to choose the age rating now , depending if your buying the game for someone thats of a young age you will notice movie type certificates located on the bottom right of the game . 12 15 18+..... if your kid is nagging on and on about a game he really wants but it is 18 plus i would recommend not getting it due to the realism to todays gaming your children could find some of it scary or worse yet amuseing so its best to keep to the age rateing....

Mutliplayer options:

With this option it allows you to deside whether the game your playing can be played with more than one person , sometimes some games are mainly made for this option if you do deside on a multi-player game be sure it has a good overall rateing buy the official magzine of your console , buying these magazines can sometimes help in the buying process as they offer some very good constructive criticism and you wont be under pressure from the games sales men when all they seem to say is YH ITS GREAT I HAVE A COPY MYSELF so dont be fooled people... :)

Thats all i have left to say ....... :)   I hope this helps some people.....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:14:29 AM by Richenstony »

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Google
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: What computer games are right for me......
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:27:09 PM »
ahh! you forgot FPS in the platforms list :P
good work though buddy ;)
nice to see someone putting in the effort for things like this.
Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

Richenstony

Re: What computer games are right for me......
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 12:01:11 AM »
Yh im glad you think its good took me a while to sort that lol ......... i just hope other people share your view ::) ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:48:57 AM by Richenstony »

TehGerg

Re: How to choose a computer game thats right for you?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »
WoW its not an addiction its a way of life.......

Really stay away from mmorpg's they will suck the life out of you I should know

dirtmaster88

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:12:39 AM »
WoW its not an addiction its a way of life.......

Really stay away from mmorpg's they will suck the life out of you I should know
Very true... I quit wow and started playin real life!!!!!
LoL it can suck the life out of you if you don't control how much you play. The problem with that is when you're playing, you don't ever want to stop and keep procrastinating real life issues just to play  :o
i'm guilty of this  ::)

Richenstony

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:16:48 AM »
LMAO!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I dont think computer gaming is addition at all............

dirtmaster88

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:21:21 AM »
LMAO!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I'm guessing that was sarcastic because I would have to strongly disagree with you otherwise lol  :)

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Google
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »
my brother and his gf have been together for 2 years now. she lives in america and sent him money to see her and he used it on WoW cards and hasn't seen her in rl yet >.<
and she's hot... he makes me wonder sometimes...
Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

Richenstony

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:49:20 AM »
LMAO!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I'm guessing that was sarcastic because I would have to strongly disagree with you otherwise lol  :)
your guessed wrong i mean it lol i dont have any evidence to back it up so dont go on at me lol  :) ;) :D