Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost Safe Mode Password  (Read 2872 times)

NathanB

Lost Safe Mode Password
« on: November 10, 2004, 07:03:01 PM »
Is there perhaps a default BIOS password that I can use instead of the one already set by me? I set the password several years ago and I can no longer remember it.

I need to access safe mode because I get this bluescreen error upon startup:

-----------------------------
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x80582946,0xF7877BC0,0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping physical memory to disk: *
-----------------------------

* This is a number that starts from 0 and goes beyond 50

If you can fix this error another way than safe mode, then please tell me. Thank you for your time.

-nathan

Raptor

Re: Lost Safe Mode Password
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 11:04:25 PM »

merlin_2

Re: Lost Safe Mode Password
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 03:18:35 AM »
have you add or taken away hardware and also is this an upgrade....you could try this>http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak1579.aspx