Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Returning to open page?  (Read 5192 times)

Gary McMaster

Returning to open page?
« on: November 12, 2004, 01:07:15 PM »
Scenario:

Link on page "A" opens page "B" in new window
Link on page "B" returns to page "A" and closes page "B"

How can I return to the original (and already open) page "A" without opening a duplicate page "A"?

I found the snip below on this site. Are there any other ways to do it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

<FORM><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Back" onClick="history.go(-1);return true;"> </FORM>

Corrosive

Re: Returning to open page?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 09:42:37 AM »
You do get Javascripts which can be used to close open browser windows. That's basically what you need.

Gary McMaster

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 05:17:25 AM »
Hi Corrosive,

Thanks for the reply.

I've been looking around for different scripts. It seems that I probably can't do what I want without getting too complicated.

The site will be for youth sports with a very small audience. Maintenance will be handed down frequently to parent volunteers. We are using a package that does not require any programming ability.

I would like to open a home page and keep it open while other pages are explored. The kids tend to close the window instead of using a "Return" button. If only one window is used they will exit the site.

Gary

Corrosive

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 06:14:25 AM »
I really don't see what the problem is here. On your homepage you use a little Javascript to create a pop-up (or add 'target="_blank"' to your link code), it stays open, you browse that site, and then you close that window and you get back to the homepage...  ???