Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Rant  (Read 3208 times)

Dilbert

Topic Starter

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Rant
    « on: July 31, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »
    Sometimes, it seems I have the worst luck with computer hardware. Maybe the fact that I once owned a T2682 E-machine put me under some cure or something, but I can't seem to get a grip on hardware without that grip making a huge mistake, resulting ultimately in the item's destruction.

The first thing to go was the Standard Keyset on my Zboard. I really needed to get between the keys and clean there, and I figured: Why not pop out the keys? Works on every other keyboard, why not this one? Well, that went well for all but one of the single-rubber-circle-contact-thingie button. That one SRCCT button had it's plastic tab broken and now the key is free to fly around. The MRCCT (multi-rubber-circle-contact-thingie) buttons had it much, much worse. For some stupid reason, the |___| shaped bars under them won't go back properly, and now all the keys (spacebars, shifts, backspace, enters) in question tilt wildly to one side. Oddly, by breaking it further, I have somewhat repaired the left Shift key.

My mouse is a Kensington Wireless. Piece of crap. One of the receiver's contacts are busted, so if I so much as tap the receiver with anything, the mouse stops working, and I have to jiggle the receiver or unplug it and plug it back in. At this rate, I'm losing 50% efficiency in my work just monkeying with the *censored* mouse.

Do you think I should buy a new volume control for my Creative 7.1 to replace the one with the broken contact, sometimes allowing me to only hear Left channel, or do you think the hard drive will explode while I'm gone buying it?
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Google
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Rant
    « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »
    i think you should buy  new volume control thingo AND hard drive :D
    lol you sound like you're just too *censored* vicious with your hardware  :P
    but seriously... i know how you feel. i pressed the power button on my LCD montior, and it fell off. upon trying to get it out of the void in the monitor that it fell into, the monitor went white and then went *BZZSHTTHSZZZZZZZT!* and stopped working :D
    but ok.
    i think your post could be used as advice for people lol. either don't clean your stuff, or jiggle your wireless kensington cable :D
    Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.