Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scorepoker game will not launch  (Read 3541 times)

Junkyardwar

Scorepoker game will not launch
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:55:54 AM »
Hi All, 

I have a problem with trying to run an online poker game called Scorepoker.  At one time this game did run on my computers until the site did a game update which forces you to do the update in order to play. 
I am running a Dell computer 1.99 with 768 ram,  WindowsXP Pro SP2.  IE6
My secruity is provided by AOL which includes virus protection and firewall.
My hardware exceeds the requirements of the game easily.  When I try to start this game,  a panel pops up saying that the game is making a connection.  Then it changes to CONNECTED,  NOW SETTING UP.  This is as far as it gets.  If the lights on the modem are any indication or the sent/received numbers are any indication,  some  network activity is taking place.  Normally, once you get the Connected message it takes maybe 5 seconds for the game to launch.

I have tried un-installing, re-downloading and re-installing...no change.
The program has full rights within the firewall( I deleted and redid the rule just in case the application name had changed)...no change
I have shutdown my firewall and tried again...no change.
I have taken a download image from a jumpdrive(which was used to install Scorepoker on a friends laptop AND WORKED OK) and installed on mine ...no change
I have tried uninstalling,  cleaning out the registry and any mention whatsoever of this application.
We used my friends laptop and connected through the same modem/line that I use and his machine worked fine.
All of my Windows updates are current.
I usually use an AOL connection.  I tried using another ISP ...no change

Any thoughts or suggestions ???  I cannot think of any other roads to check.

Spero-T

Re: Scorepoker game will not launch
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:29:21 AM »
Hmmm not sure, but incase nobody can help try PKR poker !