Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer repeatedly restarts itselfs  (Read 2805 times)

annoyingcomputer

Computer repeatedly restarts itselfs
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:27:32 AM »
Hi,

I was playing on World of Warcraft and listening to iTunes, I was lagging really bad so I shut down all programmes, I was still lagging so I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Delete and found around 20applications running in the back ground. So I ran anti virus, it found no problems, so I restarted my comp, and now it wont turn back on.

I've tried starting it in Safe mode, last good configuration, safe mode with network and the others, also I tried system recovery and my comp froze on the background of my desktop (no icons), it gets to the windows bit with the loading bar, a blue page flashes on, for like 0.5seconds, flashes off, and the computer restarts. I've tried reinstalling windows but every time it freezes.

Anyone help please? Anyway of getting it onto desktop to do a system restore or anything?

Thanks in advance

Chris

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Computer repeatedly restarts itselfs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:22:57 AM »
sounds like the hard drive is dieing.
put the hard drive into someone else's computer as a slave drive and backup all your files.

annoyingcomputer

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »
Weird, its a not even a year old and I dont really use it much.

Thanks for your help

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »
Does your computer have a warranty? You might look into getting it fixed or replaced. What brand/model is it?
Sometimes bad components get missed at the factory and get sent out anyways. It doesn't really make the computer or manufacturer bad, it just points out that humans are running the plants.
problem could also be memory..... or power supply (but not likely that)
You could try a reinstall of your operating system and see if that clears it up, also.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »
Before  you decide it's the HDD DLoad and run the diagnostics from the drive manuf. site to make sure...
Post back with the results.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "