Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black Screen after Windows XP loads up  (Read 4002 times)

CompBoy09

Black Screen after Windows XP loads up
« on: September 02, 2007, 04:04:41 PM »
I've been getting a black screen on my computer.The black screen occurs when the "Windows XP" Logo with the loading bar gets done loading,after that it goes black and nothing appears.

The first time this happened was yesterday,I was in the "Windows system Recovery Console".This isn't system recovery,its like MS-DOS where you can
input commands to be executed.

What I did was use the command CHKDSK(Check disk)to see where all the data was allocated.After that I used the command CHKDSK /P Which scans the disk for errors.

The thing is the first time it worked,the second time the black screen appeared.I used the same method over and over with no results,anyone know what it may be?

PLEASE and THANKS for you REPLIES!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Black Screen after Windows XP loads up
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »
chkdsk /p is an entire scan yet it takes no corrective measures...
Run chkdsk /r and see what happens.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

CompBoy09

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:12:29 PM »
I did that earlier as well,it took about an hour to complete.It didn't change this.

Before I go further,I have no WinXP CD.So I either have to go buy one or take it to a repair person.

casse2go

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 03:22:59 PM »
    I don't know what problem you're having, but because I just went through a WGA from Microsoft, I will advise you that if your computer needs anything done to it that requires Windows being uninstalled, buy a copy of Windows. Although, if you get the puter reloaded with Windows and you get the WGA you can purchase a copy of windows online for $150.00. When you do get your copy, DON'T LET ANYONE LOAD IT ONTO THEIR
    COMPUTER.

BTW, if you purchase a CD from Wal*Mart or some other outlet, be sure you get a full program not just an upgrade. I know Wal*Mart sells a Windows XP for 90.00 something but it's only an upgrade.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 05:08:36 PM by casse2go »
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:49:40 PM »
    In the words of GX1_Man..everyone needs a Windows CD sooner or later...
    If this is an OEMbuilt machine i.e.Gateway or Dell etc. you could contact them for one at a discount price...
    You will need proof of purchase but that's about it.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "