Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Unsolvable  (Read 2459 times)

caneman65

The Unsolvable
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »
I have a computer that was running a 915pbl intel mother board which recently just stopped working. It would start then when I let go of the button it would die. Then it would just flash when I pressed again on, off, on, off. I have replaced the processor, video card, power supply and kept the dvd roms and hdds in. The same tower as well. Nothing is working no matter what I buy. Now, I turn it on, and it is running on the p5vd2-x mother board with the e6420 core 2 duo processor, it just stays on with no boot up. I have never had this before. I have tried getting help from the best and they are baffled. I now turn to you for help please let me know if you have any solutions? :-[ :D

The Saviour

Re: The Unsolvable
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
Why is a poll attached to this thread?

contrex

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 01:37:54 PM »
defective power button. swap with reset button to confirm.

Spero-T

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:01:45 PM »
Tell me you tried a different power cable ;)

skykaptain

Beginner
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 02:13:13 PM »
    The motherboard could be shot. I would check the power supply too. When you realized that it didn’t work did you smell any weird smells or se any smoke come out?

caneman65

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 02:41:25 PM »
    I did smell a wierd smell and then changed the motherboard and the processor. The power switch does turn on but the sytem just stays running and the screen neer shows anything. The power suply is new as well. I have a new pci express card in there as well. The power cords have been switched numerous times. I am sorry about the poll thing I am new and did know what I was doing. If I can switch I will.

thanks for the help