Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Norton Firewall  (Read 5069 times)

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Norton Firewall
« on: November 28, 2004, 03:20:32 PM »
Hey guys. I'm thinking of buyin Norton Internet Security personal or Professional, but I was told that for some reason, Norton Internet Security 2005 will not work with my computer.... Is it true? I have a Gateway PC, 384 megs of RAM, and everything that I should, from what I know..... Anybody ever hear of this strange rumor? Please respond soon..

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

Re: Norton Firewall
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 03:26:57 PM »
Save you cash and hard drive space...www.majorgeeks.com for sygate personal edition free....and anti vir...personal edition also free....spend the cash on more ram or cdrw disk etc...

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 03:28:50 PM »
ok. Just curious because my friend has it, and is going to let me install it on my cpu, but I wanted to make sure that it would be compatible....

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 10:41:39 PM »
CPU = Central Processing Unit....

If your system meets the requirements for the Norton package, I don't see in why it would not work. Who told you that it wouldn't work?

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 05:14:08 PM »
My computer manufacturer. lol Maybe they were just kiddin, but they said that Norton 2005 Edition stuff will not work with a Gateway computer.

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 06:20:15 AM »
E-mail Norton technical support, then.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 07:56:51 AM »
flame Posted on: Nov 28th, 2004, 3:28pm
ok. Just curious because my friend has it, and is going to let me install it on my cpu, but I wanted to make sure that it would be compatible
--------------------------------------------------------------------
you may find norton will not work on you pc....its licensed to your mates pc?<subscription> M_2

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 01:09:01 PM »
You can usually use the license on two or three PC's..

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 01:14:35 PM »
Well, actually, what happened was, I had to erase my HD, called Gateway for free help, and I think I had a virus, but I'm not sure.... Anyway, while I was on the phone with Gateway, the tech said that Norton 2005 products for some reason do not work with Gateway computers..... I just want to know if it's true. I'm not concerned about licences... (Although licences would be a problem later. lol)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 04:14:17 PM »
Symantec have some good software programs..but alas  a bad apple in barrel is not good like nav....its causes so many problems..>like mac(posted) has stated...it hogs the hard drive by storing files left /right centre*/run dll 32etc..] norton speed disk/ defrag win9x<split between m$oft and norton> ghost /powerquest just "well....without symantec m$oft would have  had a problem to boot<pun>?just wish i had the cash to invest in symantec...maybe m$oft owns them..it would be an  maze of mystery...imhao

Jacko_the_Wacko

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 08:30:30 PM »
Personally, I use Antivir, and I am currently getting Sygate (after merlins advice). I don't like Norton, and so I will have to say that you should scrap getting Norton, and save your money.

Jacko

;D